Automotive Tips

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Duramax vs. Cummins vs. Powerstroke - A matter of Sexuality?

Duramax vs. Cummins seems to be the question on everybody’s mind. Let’s be honest Duramax vs. Cummins, has never been the real question, neither has Duramax vs. Powerstroke or Cummins vs. Powerstroke in any of these debates. For the most reasonable answer to these questions that I have found I look back to the teachings of a wise professor. A Philosophy teacher I once had was discussing what he had found to be the main causes of homosexuality after years of being a counselor for school districts and at the local prison, he said that they were genetics, environmental and hormonal. Might I be so bold as to say that it really doesn’t matter who makes the truck or how durable the components are in the truck are but the real answer to the question Duramax vs. Cummins or Powerstroke vs. Cummins or Duramax vs. Powerstroke is what did your father drive (genetic) where did you grow up, what did the people around you growing up drive, what do your current friends drive (environmental), and what body style really “does it” for you (hormonal).

Another factor into this question that my professor went over was the fact that men are attracted to form rather intellect, so just as some men are attracted to women that chew (Powerstroke Owners) men will be attracted to different trucks based on how they look to them. Another factor that I think can fall in line with this is how does the truck make the man look to the ladies? Have you ever noticed how when you are in a parking lot and you see a huge Power Stroke pull into the parking lot with a 12 inch lift and 35 inch Super Swamper Boggers on it and then it will park and out pops the 4’5” driver in his wranglers and a belt buckle that is almost as tall as him. Then you catch a glimpse inside the cab of the truck just before he closed the door and you can see the seat up as far as it can go and sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes I swear I see a stack of phone books. I don’t know what it is but it is the strangest phenomenon, I think that factors into the whole form thing as well, the fact that the men need to feel secure about themselves, maybe they missed the memo that the new Jeep Liberty’s have a nice little diesel in them as well, and they wouldn’t need a ladder to pull themselves up into it.

Now I hope you don’t think that this is it and that I am going to leave you hanging. You know I would never do that my friends. I will be back soon enough with some factual base and research that has been done over the past several years I will include dyno results for max horsepower, shop transcripts for history of what make had which problems etc.. But for now stick with my theory of the three degrees of Trucksuality.


www.parleysdieselperformance.com

No comments: