Automotive Tips

Sunday, November 16, 2008

5 things I love about my Truxedo tonneau cover

First, it has no snaps. My first tonneau cover had tons of snaps and after only a few months I grew weary of the process of snapping them all back in place. It is like if your pants had 45 buttons to unbutton every time you needed to go to the bathroom – enough to make you think twice about going. Instead it has super heavy-duty Velcro that is a snap, no pun intended, to open and close.

Second, my new tonneau is virtually weather- and waterproof. On a recent trip to Lubbock, Texas I encountered a pretty bad storm with high winds and heavy rain and when I got where I was going there was NO dust or water in my truck bed. I installed the seals that came with my new tonneau and they worked really well. My order came with a free tailgate seal which was a nice addition.

Third, the material is heavy-duty vinyl that looks and feels substantial. And, my tonneau came with some kind of tension control devices that keep the tonneau stretched tight in cold weather. Without this, you could wake up in the morning to find a pool of water in the middle of your truck bed cover. And, where I live, that would be a breeding ground for mosquitos.

Fourth, the installation was fast and easy. I was able to install it myself; well, my wife actually helped. It took the two of us about 40 minutes which, admittedly, is longer then the 15-30 minutes that Truxedo advertises. I never was that good with instructions but my truxedo tonneau came with clamps that secure the rear part of the tonneau - it was kind of a no-brainer.

Last but not least, I love is the fact that my Truxedo tonneau came with a lifetime warranty. You just can’t beat that. I won’t keep my F-150 for a lifetime, not with the miles I drive but it is nice to know. I wish the dishwasher I bought at Home Depot came with such a guarantee.

No comments: